Wednesday, April 27, 2011

About me

I was born many long years ago and survived birth to be raised by a mother who was an alcoholic and a dad that worked different shift and who I was so very scared of. I have no reason for that fear and in later years spent a great deal of time laughing and joking with him, but as a child I wouldn't go near him.

My mother was the one that really scared me quiet. I kept my mouth shut around her because I didn't want to get yelled at. Were my sister and I beaten, well spanked would be a better word but in those days parents were allowed to spank and we the children learned not to do anything to get a spanking for, course with an alcoholic parent they don't need reasons.

I grew up without a parent home all the time because they both worked. My mother for our local church, the one we attended and my dad for an oil refinery. I am sure we had a babysitter, I vaguely remember one here and there, so guess my sister and I weren't alone, alone, but still we did pretty much what we wanted. The only rule I can remember clearly (I don't remember much) is we had to be home by 5 so we could all eat at the dinning table. Yup in those days we ate together.

I cut my index finger with a butcher knife while trying to cut open and orange and it was my sister that took care of me until my mother came home to take me to the doctor. It was my sister who was home when my periods started. Thank god for that, she is 3 years older than me so knew what to do.

Putting all the bad stuff aside I really didn't have it so hard I just thought I did. My mother believed in taking us places. We went to the circus every year, we went to the Ice Capades when they were in town, later when I was older we went to the Rodeo's and to plays, and out to dinner and on driving trips and on vacations, so I had a lot of different kinds of entertainment, plus being allowed to roam pretty freely, to the beach, to friends, to the local stables where I would spend the day, to the movies or down to the Pier.

All of which I suppose looking back made me in part what I am today.

My sister and I made a chose not to turn out like my mom, so neither one of us became an alcoholic. I love to laugh, I believe in being honest, telling the truth as much as possible, I don't believe in hurting people on purpose. I hate shopping in any form, I love fresh air and I am an animal lover. I am extremely open minded and accept more than most people seem to. I hate talking on the phone. Absolutely hate it.

I am extremely quiet but that doesn't mean I am dumb, in being quiet you learn to listen to what is going on around you, so you pick up information here and there and store it away. That helped in the writing of the book, all that stored information I had and really didn't realize it until I started on the book.

Sexual things, (whatever the things are) doesn't surprise, or shock me. I might not want to do certain things but I don't condemn them either or the people interested in doing those things.

Life is life, you either go with the flow or you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment